Brittni Johnson, EastIdahoNews.com
IDAHO FALLS — A complete of 5 instances of novel coronavirus have now been confirmed in jap Idaho.
On Saturday, Jap Idaho Public Well being District recognized the newest case in Madison County. The person, who’s beneath the age of 70, was not hospitalized and is self-isolating at dwelling.
As with each case, no further data is being launched concerning the particular person.
That is the second case in Madison County. Two different instances have been recognized in Teton County. Southeastern Idaho Public Well being has additionally recognized one case in Bingham County.
To date, no east Idaho instances have been extreme sufficient to require hospitalization.
Statewide, the numbers have risen to 43 instances, with the best numbers in Blaine and Ada counties, based on the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. To date 1,217 individuals have been examined.
Moreover, the Southwest District Well being and Central District Well being are working with Middleton College District after a confirmed case of COVID-19 was recognized in an Ada County resident who had been in Middleton Center College on March 11 and 12, throughout which period the person could have been contagious.
Epidemiologists proceed to research all of the instances. If different persons are discovered to be uncovered, well being officers will contact them, present them steerage, and can monitor them intently for signs, based on a information launch.
The next are easy methods jap Idahoans can all take to scale back the unfold of sickness and keep wholesome:
- Keep dwelling for those who’re sick and restrict contact with others as a lot as doable.
- Cowl your nostril and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve once you cough or sneeze.
- Keep away from touching your eyes, nostril and mouth.
- Clear and disinfect surfaces and objects that could be contaminated with germs.
- Wash your arms usually with cleaning soap and water for at the least 20 seconds. If cleaning soap and water should not accessible, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at the least 60% alcohol.
The well being districts have opened a name heart to area questions from the neighborhood. They’re open Monday by Friday from eight a.m. to five p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. You’ll be able to attain the EIPH hotline at (208) 522-0310 and the SIPH hotline at (208) 234-5875.
For Idaho-specific details about the novel coronavirus, please go to https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/.