Brittni Johnson, EastIdahoNews.com
IDAHO FALLS — A complete of 5 instances of novel coronavirus have now been confirmed in japanese Idaho.
On Saturday, Japanese Idaho Public Well being District recognized the newest case in Madison County. The person, who’s below the age of 70, was not hospitalized and is self-isolating at dwelling.
As with each case, no extra info is being launched in regards to the particular person.
That is the second case in Madison County. Two different instances have been recognized in Teton County. Southeastern Idaho Public Well being has additionally recognized one case in Bingham County.
Up to now, no east Idaho instances have been extreme sufficient to require hospitalization.
Statewide, the numbers have risen to 43 instances, with the very best numbers in Blaine and Ada counties, in keeping with the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. Up to now 1,217 individuals have been examined.
Moreover, the Southwest District Well being and Central District Well being are working with Middleton Faculty District after a confirmed case of COVID-19 was recognized in an Ada County resident who had been in Middleton Center Faculty on March 11 and 12, throughout which era the person might have been contagious.
Epidemiologists proceed to analyze all of the instances. If different individuals are discovered to be uncovered, well being officers will contact them, present them steering, and can monitor them carefully for signs, in keeping with a information launch.
The next are easy methods japanese Idahoans can all take to cut back the unfold of sickness and keep wholesome:
- Keep dwelling in case you’re sick and restrict contact with others as a lot as doable.
- Cowl your nostril and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve if you cough or sneeze.
- Keep away from touching your eyes, nostril and mouth.
- Clear and disinfect surfaces and objects which may be contaminated with germs.
- Wash your fingers typically with cleaning soap and water for at the very least 20 seconds. If cleaning soap and water should not obtainable, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at the very least 60% alcohol.
The well being districts have opened a name middle to subject questions from the group. They’re open Monday by way of Friday from eight a.m. to five p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. You possibly can attain the EIPH hotline at (208) 522-0310 and the SIPH hotline at (208) 234-5875.
For Idaho-specific details about the novel coronavirus, please go to https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/.